Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hi Everyone!

This is the blog I'll be keeping for the next year (11.5 months to be exact) while I'm working and living in Ghana.  The frequency of updates will largely depend on my access to internet, but I'm currently aiming for posts about once a week. No promises though! 

Right now, I'm about 12 hours away from departure. While Delta does offer direct service from Atlanta to Accra (the capital of Ghana, about an hour from where I'll be living), I'm actually connecting through JFK, which adds about 6 hours to the journey.  This inconvenience is most welcome, however, because it means that I get to share the transatlantic flight with my coworker Jamie (another Dartmouth '10).  It's always easier to land in a new place when you know at least one other person. 

One problem I've already noticed with this whole blogging thing is that it's horribly one-sided.  While y'all can stay updated on my life... I have no way to stay current on what's happening in your lives! So please leave comments or send me emails to keep me updated.  For those who don't have it, my email address is catherine.m.armstrong@gmail.com.

Last minute packing is calling... I'll post as soon as I can once I'm settled in Ghana. 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya but I got the rebound comment. Always better the second time around. HI CATARM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read about your adventures! I'll keep you updated on the happenings on the Atlanta front :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anxiously waiting for your next post.And don't worry dear,you can also remain up-date with our lives.I will surely keep it touch with you through mail.
    Cheap Flights to Ghana

    ReplyDelete